Commissioned by the center, the restoration of the church started in 2018. This year, the historic appearance of this church will be restored as the sculptures of angels and a virgin symbolizing faith will be reinstalled on the roof.
Other restoration works will continue next year.
The church was designed by architecture professor Karolis Podcasinskis (Karol Podczaszynski in Polish) and built in 1830-1835. The sculptures were installed on its roof in 1837.
They were removed in 1949 as the building was unused and the church was later redesigned for a cinema, with entrances with staircases added to the sides of its facade.
In 1990, the church was returned to the faithful.