Let's get to know Alexandru better.
- Why did you decide to come to Lithuania?
- In 2016, after participating in a reality tv show “Survivor” , to stay away from TV Media life. I decided to switch off from all I was doing before and start travelling.
I discovered an opportunity to go volunteering in Lithuania for Sea scouts in Ukmerge, Skautu slenis. Without thinking too much and having no idea about the life here, I signed up for the project and in two weeks I arrived here.
The opportunity for new experiences and adventures around the scouts, motivate me to come and be part of it, sharing my experiences and skills in survival situations or help the organization to develop.
We build together eight Optimist sailing boats for the kids to learn sailing and participate in educational programs for scouts or non-scouts camps.
- Where do you live now?
- At the beginning I lived almost two years in Ukmerge, but after that I decided to move forward and develop my current business in Kaunas. With this change, Ukmerge for me still feels like a home town.
- What are you doing in Lithuania?
- Now I am living in Kaunas where I manage to open a small business of woodworking and other custom works, from decorations to thematic furniture and other ideas of products that people can imagine but cannot buy in shops. Some of my works can be seen on my facebook page.
- Do you often visit your native country?
- I do not visit Romania very often. I started a new life here, I need to keep up with the business and life here.
- Have you ever thought about returning to your home country?
- Leaving the country would happen only if I will stop working and close the business completely, or start to travel again. According to the situation in the world and my future projects, I am not considering going home.
- How are your relations with local residents?
- My relations with the locals... I can say they are very well. I am lucky to have many artists around me with whom I spend time or collaborate. I am still in contact with the Skautu slenis people and we are very good friends and help each other when we need.
- Do you know the Lithuanian language?
- Yes I do! Actually I know lots of Lithuanian words, even though for me it was a completely new language, I can understand quite a lot. But my level of speaking is basic.
- What language do you usually speak in Lithuania?
- Most of the time I speak English everywhere.
Whenever possible, I try to use the knowledge of Lithuanian that I have. I am still learning and trying to get better.
- What are your plans for the future?
- My future plans are more about improving life here. I plan to work and create a balance between my arts, nature and people. I don’t really like to make plans. I love to live in the moment and watch where life takes me.
Future can change very quickly anytime and so my mind. I don't cut off the opportunity to travel again one day.
Paltanavičius – apie išsiderinusią gamtą: atsakymas, kodėl taip nutiko – mums prieš akis nuotraukų galerijoje – įspūdingi pavasarėjančios Lietuvos vaizdai (5)
Indian researcher Manob Das moved to Lithuania to conduct environmental research: I am really attracted by Vilnius natural beauty
Barely 29 years of age, Indian researcher Manob Das from the University of Gour Banga stands out among...
Student from Tashkent: St. Casimir's Fair reminds me of Venice Canival
Exchange student Sergey An from Uzbekistan arrived in Vilnius in February, but already found time to...
Ukrainian student in Vilnius: my childhood's dream became true here
Ukrainian junior researcher Yuliana Shuhani arrived in Vilnius in 2019 - well before the War started...
Student from Malta saw snow for the first time in Vilnius
Mykolas Romeris University (MRU) Erasmus exchange student Samuel Camilleri Brancaleone from Malta did...
Congolese student from Kinshasa surprised by number of elderly citizens in Vilnius
Democratic Republic of Congo citizen Gedeon Kenga Kabongo (21) from Kinshasa recently arrived in...
Chaos in Vilnius district with transfer of ballot papers averted
The Central Electoral Commission says there were problems on Thursday morning with the delivery of...
Ex-MP knew about investigation into child sexual abuse before resigning
Former MP Kristijonas Bartoševičius was aware before resigning from parliament that he would be...
President continues to criticise econmin after friend was hired by Lithuanian Railways
President Gitanas Nausėda continues to criticise Minister of the Economy and Innovation Aušrinė...
Border guards discover 51 illegal migrants and a Belarusian guide in a marsh in southern Lithuania
Lithuanian border guards have stopped a group of 51 illegal migrants in Varėna district on Wednesday....
150 Portuguese rotational troops arrive in Lithuania
On Wednesday, the next rotation of the Portuguese contingent was deployed to Lithuania to implement...